Netgear Router Error 651
Netgear routers are among the most popular and reliable wireless routers to use. However, even the most reliable of devices can sometimes have issues. If you’ve experienced an issue with your Netgear router, it’s possible you may have encountered an Error 651 that displays on your computer’s browser. This error can be a bit of a nuisance and may require some troubleshooting to resolve. In this article, we’ll discuss some of the ways you can resolve Netgear router Error 651.
Step to Resolve Netgear Router Error 651
- Install the Most Updated Drivers and Firmware : The first thing you’ll want to do is install the most updated drivers and firmware for your Netgear router. To do this, you’ll want to go to the Netgear website and download the latest drivers and firmware. Once you have those installed, reboot your router and try to connect again to see if the error is gone.
- Disable Auto Configuration Setting: The next thing you’ll want to try is disabling the auto configuration setting on your router. To do this, log into the router’s dashboard and disable the auto configuration setting. This may help resolve your error issue.
- Reset Your Router : If neither of these fixes don’t work, then you’ll want to try resetting your router. To do this, disconnect the power cord from your router, wait a few minutes and then reconnect it. Once the router has been reset, try to connect to the network again and see if the error is gone.
- Change Your Modem : Another possible solution that may help resolve your router issue is to change your modem. If your old modem is outdated or has been damaged, then it may be causing the Error 651 issue. To change your modem, you’ll need to replace it with a newer one that is compatible with your internet connection.
- Disable IPv6 : Lastly, a potential solution may be to disable IPv6. To do this, go to the Network and Sharing Center in your settings, choose Change Adapter Settings and then right-click on your router’s connection. Select Properties, then Uncheck the box next to Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6). Save the changes and restart your modem.
These are some of the possible solutions to resolving Netgear router Error 651 issue. If none of these fixes work, then you’ll need to contact Netgear Router support and they can help you further.