Brother Printer is Offline to Online
One of the most widely used types of printers worldwide is the Brother model. You've come to the correct place if you're sick of dealing with the hassles that come with owning a Brother printer, like issues with ink cartridges or paper jams.
Here is a comprehensive guide on how to get a Brother Printer from Offline to Online:
- Check the Connection: Ensure that the printer is properly connected to your computer and the power source. If you are using a wired connection, check the cable for any damage. If you are using a wireless connection, make sure that your printer is within the range of your router.
- Restart the Printer and Computer: Sometimes, simply restarting the printer and computer can resolve the issue. Turn off your printer, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Then, restart your computer.
- Update Printer Drivers: Outdated or incorrect drivers can cause the printer to go offline. You can download the latest drivers from the Brother website.
- Check the Printer Queue: Sometimes, print jobs can get stuck in the queue and prevent the printer from going online. Clear the print queue by clicking on the “Printer” icon and then clicking “Cancel All Documents.”
- Set the Printer as the Default Printer: If you have multiple printers installed on your computer, make sure that the Brother printer is set as the default printer. Right-click on the “Printer” icon, select “See What’s Printing,” and then click on “Use Printer Online.”
- Disable the Firewall: If you have a firewall enabled on your computer, it can prevent the printer from going online. Disable the firewall temporarily to see if it resolves the issue.
- Check for Windows Updates: Outdated Windows operating systems can cause the printer to go offline. Check for any available Windows updates and install them.
- Reset the Printer: If the above steps don’t work, you can reset the printer to its default factory settings. This will erase any custom settings and configurations, so make sure to save any important data. To reset the printer, follow the instructions provided in the printer manual.
- Contact Brother Support: If you are still unable to get your Brother printer online, contact Brother support for further assistance.
What's Causing the Printer to Be Offline?
Your Brother printer may be showing an offline status for a number of reasons. Here are a few of the most frequent causes:
- There is no power to the printer. Ensure that the printer is turned on and that it is hooked into the wall socket securely.
- The printer and PC are not linked. Make sure the USB or Ethernet cord connecting the printer to the PC is in place.
- The printer driver is not correctly installed. Reinstall the printer driver using the CD-ROM or the Brother website.
- The printer spooler service has a problem. By selecting Start > Run and typing "services.msc," you may restart the print spooler service. Click "Restart" next to the "Print Spooler" service that you found.
Keeping Your Brother Printer Online
When you need it, your brother printer should be online and accessible. However, a variety of conditions can make your brother printer unresponsive. The following advice can help you keep your brother printer online:
- Verify the source of power. Ensure the printer is connected to a functioning socket and that the power cord is tightly fastened.
- Check the connection to your network. Make sure the printer is within wireless range of your router and that there are no barriers between the two devices if you're using a wireless connection. Verify sure the cable is inserted into the printer and your router or modem if you're using a wired connection.
- Ensure that no connections are loose. Try reconnecting any loose wires or cords that are attached to your printer.
- Examine your printer for any paper jams or other issues. The printer may stop working if there is a paper jam or another issue. See if the problem may be fixed by erasing any errors.
- For updates, check. Your brother's printer may occasionally have an update available that can help with connectivity problems.
Steps To Fix Brother Printer Offline to Online
Don't panic if your Brother printer is flashing an offline error; it's a common issue that is simple to resolve. You may quickly get your printer online by following the procedures listed below:
- Verify that the right power source is selected and that your printer is turned on.
- Verify that a USB cable or Wi-Fi is being used to connect your printer to your computer.
- Go to Devices & Printers in the Control Panel after starting your computer.
- Select See what's printing by performing a right-click on your Brother printer.
- Make sure Use Printer Offline is not checked when you click Printer in the top menu bar. Uncheck it and click Apply if it is.
- To see if the problem has been fixed, try printing a test page. If not, proceed to the following action.
- Start your computer over, then try printing one more.
In conclusion, these are the steps to get a Brother Printer from Offline to Online. By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the issue and get your printer working again. Call our customer service number for more assistance.