Reset Network Adapters In Window 10
Network adapters are essential components to a computer, allowing it to connect to the internet, local network, and other devices. Unfortunately, sometimes network adapters can become unreliable or stop working altogether. If this happens, resetting the network adapter can be an effective way to fix the issue. Fortunately, resetting the network adapter can be done quickly and without any extra hardware or expensive tech services—it can simply be done through the Windows 10 operating system.
Step to Reset Network Adapters In Window 10
To reset network adapters in Windows 10, follow these steps:
- Go to the Windows Start Menu and type “Devices”. The “Devices” tab in the Settings menu will appear.
- Click the “Network & Internet” tab in the Settings menu.
- Scroll down and select “Change Adapter Settings”. A list of network adapters that are connected to the computer will appear.
- Right-click on the name of the network adapter that needs to be reset. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Click “Properties” in the drop-down menu.
- Select the “Driver” tab at the top of the window.
- Click the “Update Driver” button in the Driver tab.
- Select “Uninstall” from the window that appears.
- Confirm the action and wait for the process to complete.
- After the process is complete, the driver for the network adapter will be uninstalled.
- Return to the Driver tab and click the “Reinstall Driver” button.
- Select “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Select “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer”.
- Select the most recent network adapter driver that appears.
- Click the “Next” button and wait for the installation process to complete.
- Once the installation process is complete, the network adapter should be reset.
- Test the connection to ensure that the network adapter is functioning correctly.
Network adapters resetting can be an effective way to troubleshoot an unreliable connection. Resetting the network adapter can be done quickly and without any additional hardware or costly tech services - simply by using the Windows 10 operating system. Follow the above steps and reset the network adapter with ease. Connect with the Supportly App if you require additional assistance.